Re: Something better than DNS?

2006-11-29 06:33:36
Brian E Carpenter wrote, On 29/11/2006 10:43:
your question is linked to whether we treat the namespace as a public
good to be administered for the greater public good, or as a
commodity to be treated like coffee beans. And that really isn't
a question for this technological community.
Depends how you look at it. Technological choices do have an impact on
what the society is able to do (or not). It is up to the society to tell
the engineers what it needs/wants. But I agree there are other fora for
this.

Patrick