Re: "Discuss" criteria

2006-12-28 02:33:08
Yes, http://www.ietf.org/u/ietfchair/discuss-criteria.html
is the "random web page" version that I anticipate will become
an ION. This is a very good illustration of
a) something that needs to be accessible without an arbitrary
6 month expiry
b) needs to evolve
c) needs some minimal level of approval
d) is only relevant to the IETF's internal operations

and is therefore suitable to be an ION and not an RFC.

   Brian

On 2006-12-26 21:24, Fred Baker wrote:
A look on the web came up with:
    http://www.ietf.org/u/ietfchair/discuss-criteria.html
and    http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-iesg-discuss-criteria

They have the same date.

On Dec 26, 2006, at 9:12 AM, Dave Crocker wrote:

Brian E Carpenter wrote:
But, Brian, the concern for costs ought to extend much farther, such as to the kinds of issues raised by an IESG Discuss so that the AD provides an explanation of the benefit that justifies the considerable cost in delay
and wg effort they are imposing...
Hence the DISCUSS criteria document, which is a work in progress (and likely
to become an ION).

Brian,

Which document are you referring to?

The one that I thought you meant has an I-D Tracker status of "dead" and is no longer an I-D:

<https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/idindex.cgi?command=id_detail&id=13314>

d/
--
  Dave Crocker