Re: "Discuss" criteria

2006-12-28 13:24:04
I agree with your points here, and I think it points up something I have been feeling about this and not putting words to.

I really don't think the issue is whether it is a web page, an I-D, an RFC, or something else. The point is that we need a document process that will allow people to put things in and have them come out the other end in a predictable time period, or remain in the intermediate state if they are being actively developed. Inventing a new document format feels to me like putting a bandaid on the problem, rather than dealing with the root cause, the latter being that we are becoming so process-bound that we don't actually get things done.

We can discuss separately whether this ION thing is worthwhile. Personally, I would prefer to get the hard discussions and decisions done, which are those that get us out of this legalistic process nonsense.