Re: draft status links on the wg pages?

2006-12-20 08:22:32

Brian E Carpenter wrote:
I happened to choose the particular example of Discuss simply because it is of immediate concern to me, but my point was intended, of course, to be more general.

That's why your raising the 'cost' issue for the current discussion came as such a confusing surprise.

Sorry to confuse: let me be clear that migrating selected tools from
the volunteer community to the secretariat is one of the IAD's objectives,
and you're perfectly correct that a cost/benefit analysis is the right
way to make the selection.

ack.

However, let me again raise the question of whether the migration should be in that direction.

I have no idea whether the Tools folks have any interest in on-going maintenance of more of the IETF web pages, but I think it is reasonable to ask, particularly for content pertaining to the technical work of the IETF.

Since we rely on volunteers for a number of IETF activities, beyond writing specs, it is at least worth exploring this additional avenue of saving money (and maybe even getting better operations, although I note this not as a criticism of the Secretariat, past or present, but of the normal effects of being overworked.)

d/
--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking