Re: IPv4

2007-08-09 11:43:43
On Thu, Aug 09, 2007 at 12:59:38PM -0400, Stephen Kent wrote:
At 9:03 AM -0700 8/9/07, Bill Manning wrote:

    RIR's are legal entities, just like other companies... and are
    subject
    to the same problems that companies have, e.g. aquired, changed
    orientation, bankruptcy... etc.  They are NOT special.

I disagree with your suggestion that the RIRs are not special. They
are recognized as being "special" by ICANN.

I will not pursue a rat hole  discussion on whether ICANN is "special" :-).

Steve

        ICANN is also a legal entity, with the same vulnerabilities
        as all other companies including RIR's... which was my point.
        "Special" is reserved for governments... :)

--bill