Re: Review of draft-hartman-webauth-phishing-05

2007-08-21 17:54:58
At Tue, 21 Aug 2007 20:34:30 -0400,
Sam Hartman wrote:

"Paul" == Paul Hoffman <paul(_dot_)hoffman(_at_)vpnc(_dot_)org> writes:

    >> I do hope that we have consensus these are good requirements,

    Paul> We absolutely do not have any such consensus. There was
    Paul> barely any discussion during IETF Last Call. There was not a
    Paul> mailing list for discussing the draft.

Hmm.  I actually think that as ad-sponsored informationals go this got
a lot of constructive discussion in ietf last call.

Uh, where? I just looked through the IETF mailing list and the only
such discussion I see after the 5/23 IETF LC was (1) between you
and Eliot and (2) the present discussion. I wouldn't exactly
characterize the present discussion as supporting a claim of
consensus.

It was discussed on the dix and http-auth lists and at the WAE BOF.
My perception of the room at WAE was that with the exception of the
requirement about mutual authentication this was relatively
non-controversial and that going forward with such a document would
be useful.

I was not aware the BOFs were a standard venue for assessing
consensus for document advancement.

-Ekr