Re: IPv6 will never fly: ARIN continues to kill it

2007-09-14 05:48:28
Jeff McAdams wrote:
Noel Chiappa wrote:
    > From: Sam Weiler <weiler(_at_)tislabs(_dot_)com>

    > It is remarkably easy to get involved with the ARIN public policy
> procecss and submit a proposal

Yes, and they listen so well! Just like they listened to the people telling
them that PI "addresses" were a bad idea; and how can we forget that recent
todo about /48's vs. /56's?

Huh...and here I was thinking, "Maybe ARIN actually does listen to
people.  Apparently they paid attention to those of us saying that PI
space was absolutely critical for any real level of adoption of IPv6."

  I was told by many people in the past year that this was the case.
This is why I even bothered to try.  The response surprised me.

If we want these capabilities to exist, we all need to pressure vendors
to bring it about.  Saying "I want to do IPv6, at some point, if it
would be convenient for you." just doesn't hack it.  Saying, as I have
to a vendor in just these words, "We're implementing IPv6 *now*, and
your gear is standing in our way.  You're behind the curve and you need
to catch up, or we quit buying it." brings a lot more pressure to bear.

  What he said.

In short, just drop the arguing over it and start deploying.  I don't
care how, just do it.  But if you tell me I can't use PI space, I'm
gonna laugh in your face and tell you you're dreaming.