Re: IPv6 will never fly: ARIN continues to kill it

2007-09-13 00:01:47

On Sep 12, 2007, at 10:57 PM, Noel Chiappa wrote:

Let me see if I understand this. Without PI, the enterprises say no, and with
PI, the ISP's say no. Got it.

I believe that a more constructive assessment is that enterprises are unwilling to pay non-trivial costs to renumber, and ISPs are unwilling to pay non-trivial costs to support a non-scalable routing subsystem.

This perspective is soluble, but it's not the perspective that we seem to approach the problem from. We also don't have the solution in hand today, but work towards it would be greatly accelerated by backing away from our long-standing positions, terminologies and arguments and truly focusing on the problem at hand.

Regards,
Tony