Re: IPv6 will never fly: ARIN continues to kill it

2007-09-13 02:15:22
Mark,

      Except there really is no vendor lock anymore.  It is
      possible to automate the entire renumbering process.  If
      there are spots where it is not automated then they should
      be found and fixed.
You must have access to technology that at least I'm
not aware of.  We can automate some parts of the process,
like hosts can get new addresses via RA, DHCP, and we
have some tools for renumbering routers. But what about
addresses embedded in firewall configs, applications,
DNS, etc?

Jari