RE: IPv6 will never fly: ARIN continues to kill it

2007-09-13 05:35:06
Oh man, that's rich.  Do you actually believe that?

      If you design the network for IPv6 and not just copy the
      IPv4 model.  If you use the technology that has been developed
      over the last 20 years, rather than disabling it, yes it is
      possible.

OK, how is it possible to automate the renumbering of my firewall
entries which contain IPv6 addresses and prefixes?

How is it possible to automate the renumbering of my extranet business
partner firewalls who also contain some of my IPv6 addresses and
prefixes?

How do I automate the renumbering of router ACLs in my own IPv6 network?

These are purely theoretical questions, but I do know of many instances
where these kinds of things do need renumbering when an IP address
prefix changes.

Please don't say DEN, WBEM, etc.

--Michael Dillon