Re: IPv6 will never fly: ARIN continues to kill it

2007-09-13 00:29:33

On Sep 13, 2007, at 12:05 AM, Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino wrote:

I believe that a more constructive assessment is that enterprises are
unwilling to pay non-trivial costs to renumber, and ISPs are
unwilling to pay non-trivial costs to support a non-scalable routing
subsystem.

        my persistent question to the enterprise operator is this:
        how frequently do you plan to switch your isp, or how many times
        did you do that in the past?

That's actually irrelevant. Regardless of the real answer, enterprises are
not willing to buy into vendor lock.

Tony