Re: session layers, was Re: Renumbering ... Should we consider an association that spans transports?

2007-09-17 03:12:46
On 2007-9-17, at 12:13, ext Fred Baker wrote:
Dumb question of the month. With the exception of the last claim ("...can prioritize..."), this could just as easily describe SCTP. What here is new? And define "prioritize"?

For how this relates to SCTP, let me refer you to Section 6. (And yes, there are obvious similarities here to SCTP, but also RFC2140- like integrated congestion control, etc.)

"Prioritize" meaning how a sender allocates the available path capacity for the SST "bundle" between connection instances. A demo that Bryan did that showed HTTP over SST dynamically adjusted priorities such that objects that were being rendered on the screen were transmitted at a higher priority, even while scrolling around a large page.