RE: ULA-C (Was: Re: IPv6 will never fly: ARIN continues to kill it)

2007-09-19 05:59:38
On Tue, 18 Sep 2007, Tony Hain wrote:
<snip>
If you don't label it there is no clearly agreed way to filter these out if
you don't want them.

The people that are fighting having ULA-C are the same ones that don't want
PI, and they are trying to force ULA-C == PI so they can turn that argument
around and say 'we told you PI was a bad idea' when there is no way to
filter out what would have been ULA-C. If you really believe there is going
to be a routing system problem, then you absolutely have to support ULA-C
because it is the only way to enforce keeping private space private.

PI and ULA-C are for completly different purpose.
and both will be leaked no mather what we do, you can't force someone to never route it... what you can do is to make it less desirable to do so.