Re: Third Last Call: draft-housley-tls-authz-extns

2007-10-01 09:59:25
Post-posting additional thoughts:

Dave Crocker wrote:
2. Rather, the label says something about community consensus. If a later disclosure alters that consensus, then of course the community should re-label the thing, to take it off standards track.

Although this should be check with an appropriate attorney, I would expect that relabeling to Historic might have a variety of uses for an legal actions.

Reversing a patent is only one.

I could imagine something as interesting as class action, among the companies who were deceived by the non-disclosing party. After all, they will have gone down the path of strategic planning and implementation, on a basis that the disclosing party knew to be both incorrect and to its benefit, along with being against the IETF rules.

I could even imagine that those companies could even demand fees for having been used as unwitting consultants to the disclosing party's design efforts...

d/

--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking