Re: Daily Dose version 2 launched

2007-11-02 09:55:06

--On Friday, 02 November, 2007 15:04 +0200
Pasi(_dot_)Eronen(_at_)nokia(_dot_)com
wrote:

Hi,

Some of you may already be familiar with the "Daily Dose of
IETF"  tool, which has been running since late 2005 (at address
http://people.nokia.net/~pasi/dailydose/)
The tool has now undergone a major rewrite and facelift.  The
biggest changes compared to version 1 are:

- New address http://tools.ietf.org/ -- this should provide
  more bandwidth and reliability. Big thanks to Henrik for
  helping with this!

Pasi,

Having the information on this page available is great.  My
congratulations and thanks to all who are participating.

However, I strongly object to making this the page at
http://tools.ietf.org/, especially without warning and more
general discussion.   The value of that page and URL since it
was created has been to permit quick and efficient access to the
tools collection.  This change pushes the tools lists and links
down behind, or even puts the links in a long list to the left
of, a graphics-laden and textually-rich page.  That page takes a
long time to load over a slow or intermittent link and that is
distracting when one is focused on quickly getting a job done.
That does not, it seems to me, serve those who are trying to
access the tools list and links to get IETF work done, no matter
how much it my be valuable to those who are trying to track work
in the IETF.

     john