Re: Daily Dose version 2 launched

2007-11-02 13:02:47
Henrik,

To, as you asked, give a personal preference as clearly as
possible:

(1) I would like the tools page to simply contain the tools
inventory and links, in reasonably large type and grouped
accordingly (rather than the small type and low differentiation
left column that we see today.

(2) I would like to see that page organized so that it loads as
quickly as possible, even over connections that may be very slow
or that one may have time keeping up long enough to load
something complicated.  That means no graphics, no fancy table
layouts, and virtually nothing that is unnecessary to convey the
relevant _tool_ information.

(3) I can see the news materials put at news.ietf.org (or some
equivalent), linked to from the tools page, as an atom feed (as
Steve Bellovin suggested), or all of the above.   But, when I go
looking for tools, I want to find the tools and the tools
only... with a minimum of fuss.

And, yes, those comments are based on my reaction to the
increased size of the page for me personally as a consumer of
the page.  I don't spend as much time on slow or rotten links as
I did a few years ago, but that situation still isn't unusual
for me.

     john