Re: Daily Dose version 2 launched

2007-11-06 06:04:53
The new page does look VERY nice, thanks Pasi and Henrik!

A couple of observations:

- I'm using RSS (not browser) for accessing the news. For that,
  the left hand side frame that lists WGs seems a bit unnecessary,
  and consumes screen space. Is there a way to make the
  frame not be included in the RSS feed?

- I have trained my eyes to look for draft-wg-foo patterns, and the
  new "title: (draft): new status" format is a bit harder to read for
  that. I don't know how to fix this, though. Perhaps you'd want to
  test with "draft: title: new status" or something like that, just to
  make the draft name more visible and more easily found from the
  same horizontal position on the page.

- I don't really care much about what the main page at tools.ietf.org
  contains, as long as I can get to the necessary information from
  there. 99.9% of my accesses to the tools.ietf.org web site are to
  the WG or draft status pages. The tools that I use are either
  installed on my computer (e.g., xml2rfc) or conveniently
  available from the WG status pages (e.g., idnits). But other
  people may have different usage patterns, YMMV.

Jari