Re: Daily Dose version 2 launched

2007-11-02 16:13:28
Henrik, I am in complete agreement with John Klensin's three main points. For me, though, the increased size of the page isn't the problem. My issue with the new home page is that it is extremely dense visually, and therefore it takes me a long time to cognitively parse the screen in order to find what I'm looking for. The "dose" frame completely overwhelms the left-hand frame with the tools link that I want.

There is also the expectation that visiting 'tools.ietf.org' would display the tools list.

I do like what the 'dose' page presents -- it's a very useful addition -- but I think it is in the wrong location. It's my feeling that http://tools.ietf.org/ should display what is currently at http://tools.ietf.org/tools/ and the Daily Dose e moved to http://news.ietf.org/.

Of course this can all be worked around with browser bookmarks, but for a newcomer visiting tools.ietf.org for the first time, I very much fear the current layout will simply drive them away when they don't see anything close to what they were expecting to find.

--lyndon