Re: My view of the IAOC Meeting Selection Guidelines

2008-02-10 14:19:05
Richard Shockey wrote:
And this coming from the Standards body that has developed SIP ...
unbelievable. I don't think I'm going to listen to any more arguments about
IPv6 experiments during Plenary's any more.

Henning Schulzrinne and Mark Handley (ietf participants) designed SIP.
IETF (particants) standardized and extended SIP. A lot of work brought
to the ietf isn't used by it's participants.

 One thing the IAOC is looking at at this instant is our phone bill.
 The IETF's phone budget for 2008 is

 IESG:       $58,800
 IAB:        $22,500
 Nomcom:     $30,000
 IASA/IAOC:  $17,235
            ---------
             $128,535

So, it ought to be feasible to achieve substantial cost savings while
supporting legacy pstn interconnection. There are an number of players
in this space it's just a question of evaluating them on their merits or
rolling your own if they prove to be inadequate.