Re: ISO 3166 mandatory?

2008-02-20 15:19:00
Hi,

ISO 3166 MA has designated "UK" as "exceptionally reserved".  IANA has
permitted the use of codes ISO designates as "exceptionally reserved"
in ISO-3166 for quite some time (the yellow boxes in the table at
http://www.iso.org/iso/iso-3166-1_decoding_table)
.

Oh, and I'm not with IANA anymore and even if I was, we couldn't
really do anything to ccTLDs without them requesting it (but you know
that)...

Regards,
-drc