Re: IONs & discuss criteria

2008-03-10 11:32:33
It is my experience as well that Gen-ART or other organized reviews are
not given any more weight than other Last Call comments. However, I at
least weight different comments in different ways, based on whether I
agree with the issue, whether I believe the issue is a major problem or
a minor nit, whether the RFC Editor would take care of the edit anyway,
whether the fix can be just done or if it requires careful guidance and
discussion with someone, what the implications of the problem are if
left unsolved, etc.

At the end of the day, for some comments I would ask the documents to go
back to the WG, some require further discussion with the reviewer and
draft revision, some require an ack from the authors, some can be left
for the authors to decide what they do with it, and some can be ignored
(with a response, of course).

Jari