Re: Confirming vs. second-guessing

2008-03-16 18:17:47

On Sun, 16 Mar 2008, Michael StJohns wrote:
[...]
Put another way, the Nomcom is a search committee, but the hiring
authority resides in the confirming bodies.

Mike - I fundamentally and strongly disagree.  In my opinoin, the Nomcom
is the hiring committee; the confirming body is the oversight and sanity
check body.  The Nomcom is selected from the IETF as a whole to select the
management for the IETF, who then serve at the pleasure of the IETF as a
whole.  The confirming bodies do not form a hierarchical management or
hiring organization; rather, they perform a final check and review of the
process.

- Ralph