Re: Possible RFC 3683 PR-action

2008-03-25 19:44:12
Simon Josefsson <simon at josefsson dot org> wrote:

Thinking not-that-far-back to the arrival of the FSF-driven hordes
trying to stop publication of the TLS authorization document, I think
the IETF pretty much blew them off, which was the right thing to do
under the circumstances.

Some of those posts made relevant points, and came from people who are
responsible for parts of the Internet.  If indeed the IETF blew them
off, which I sincerely hope is not what will happen to that draft (the
status tracker hasn't changed status since before then), I think the
IETF will lose credibility in the wider community.

The main effect of that letter-writing campaign was that 98% of the
points, relevant and not, were restated over and over again.  I was
lurking at that time (as now) and my recollection was that the IETF
listened to the relevant points the first couple of times, and blew off
the restatements.

http://www.ewellic.org