Re: IETF Last Call for two IPR WG Dcouments

2008-03-26 14:07:29
On 2008-03-27 09:14, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:

--On Tuesday, March 25, 2008 21:30:54 -0600 Peter Saint-Andre
<stpeter(_at_)stpeter(_dot_)im> wrote:

<snip>

Finally, the outbound draft merely provides recommendations regarding
license text and other materials, final definition of which seems to be
under the sole purview of the Trustees of the IETF Trust. However, the
outbound draft does not specify if the work of the Trustees shall be
subject to review by the IPR WG, the IESG, the IAB, or the IETF
community (e.g., in the form of an Internet-Draft) before it takes
effect.
No, it does not. I'd like someone from the Trust to speak up about their
thoughts about suitable review processes.

Yes, that would be appreciated.

Note that the IPR WG can't do the review going forward; once these
documents are approved (if they are), I intend to ask that the group is
shut down.

That seems sensible.

Also note that appeal and recall procedures for the IAOC are
defined in RFC 4071, and that clearly includes Trust actions,
since the Trustees are by definition the IAOC members. So if
the IETF doesn't like the final result, there is recourse.

    Brian