Re: IETF Last Call for two IPR WG Dcouments

2008-03-28 00:15:18

On Mar 27, 2008, at 10:28 PM, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
While not really disagreeing with Leslie and Olaf, I would
point out that the IPR WG was chartered to look at
IETF documents.

Those being ietf-stream exclusively or implicitly also covering the iab-stream?

Personally, I think it makes sense that the iab-stream is covered, but let me put that in front of the IAB too.

We can have a meta-discussion about
where the clarifications belong, but it seems to me
that the WG consensus definitely assumed that scope
and no wider scope. I'd be happy if that was made
clear in the drafts, rather than trying to cover
the other documents streams by some kind of awkward
retro-fit.

My suggestion is to rewrite section 4 a bit to call out that this document does not cover the incoming rights for the independent and irtf stream and to use the terms "ietf-stream" and possibly "iab- stream" in the definitions.

Such a rewrite would preserve the status quo for the independent and irtf stream.

no-hats,

--Olaf

<no further comments below>