Re: Blue Sheet Change Proposal

2008-04-04 08:41:20
The registration database for each IETF meeting already contains email
addresses of all attendees, presumably a superset of the blue-sheet
signers.

More technologically-advanced conferences and trade-shows use RFID or
(a few years ago) mag stripes to avoid deciphering handwriting. The
per-card cost is modest and since there are a lot of repeat attendees,
we all just need our IETF "frequent flyer card". We used something
like that for speaker identification at the microphone at ACM
Multimedia 2004; the microphone had a BlueTooth-enabled RFID reader
that transmitted the code to a data gathering host, which then
displayed name and affiliation on a screen. The range of the card was
a few inches.

Henning