Re: Blue Sheet Change Proposal

2008-04-04 13:52:37

--On Friday, 04 April, 2008 08:26 +0200 Olaf Kolkman
<olaf(_at_)NLnetLabs(_dot_)nl> wrote:

There may be reasons to contact participants after a meeting,
being able to tie the name to an e-mail might be of value. If
folk think the spam concern is important (not me) the
engineering approach is a layer of indirection: print a
registration ID on the badges, and have folk fill in that I-D
on the blue sheet, together with their names off course.

Or distribute sheets of bar-coded sticky labels in the
registration packet and let people either fill in a name and
number or affix a sticker.  The latter might also improve the
speed at which the things went around the room and would ensure
that neither email nor names could be captured by anyone other
than the secretariat.

But these sorts of methods are worth the trouble only if we are
convinced that there is a problem.   If  there is not, we are
wasting a tremendous amount of time discussing solutions to it.

    john