Re: Blue Sheet Change Proposal

2008-04-04 12:14:26
Harald Alvestrand <harald(_at_)alvestrand(_dot_)no> writes:

Diving straight into armchairing myself, I'll just note that under EU
data privacy laws, it's illegal to collect personal info for which you
have no legitimate purpose - so if we never use those emails for
anything, we shouldn't collect them.

I've used them.  One time when I chaired a BOF I collected the
email addresses to personally ask if they wanted to be involved
in the mailing list.  (It was done this way because the list was
not set up prior to the meeting).  So, having email addresses
was very important to inform everyone in the room of the list
address.

Maybe this is considered SPAM, but I don't think so.

-derek

--
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745
       derek(_at_)ihtfp(_dot_)com             www.ihtfp.com