Re: Blue Sheet Change Proposal

2008-04-04 08:49:08
Barry Leiba wrote:
Olaf, with a cast on his right hand, says...
There may be reasons to contact participants after a meeting, being able to
tie
the name to an e-mail might be of value.

I don't know what blue sheets *you* have looked at, but on the ones I've seen
I'd
say that most of the scrawling looks like you dipped your cast in ink and
tried
to write your email address with it.  And that you're actually left-handed,
as
well.

I think the illegibility factor really started in earnest after people
began hearing stories about people sucking off large masses of email
addresses from the blue sheets and sending spam. Thinking back to the
blue sheets from 7-10 years ago, they used to be quite legible.

I like Olaf's suggestion of adding a level of indirection.

        Tony Hansen
        tony(_at_)att(_dot_)com