Re: IESG Statement on Spam Control on IETF Mailing Lists

2008-04-15 09:39:00
On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 08:13:23PM +0200, Eliot Lear wrote:
I think there is probably convenience value to housing the mailing lists
at the IETF.  It allows for a single whitelist, reduction in those
annoying monthly messages that we eventually all filter into the
bitbucket.

I'll concur with the general sentiment here, although I don't think
there's any need for DKIM or any of the other related flavor-of-the-month
technologies (SenderID, SPF, etc).

A suggestion -- to Eliot's point about monthly reminders -- would be
to consider consolidating those into a single reminder that covers all
IETF mailing lists.  This would cut down IETF-outbound mail volume as well
as per-recipient inbound mail volume, while (I think) still serving the
same function.

---Rsk