Re: Last Call: draft-irtf-asrg-dnsbl (DNS Blacklists and Whitelists)

2008-11-08 13:28:17
John C Klensin wrote:

I'm am beginning to wish for the days at which, at least in
principle, we could standardize something and immediately put a
"not recommended" label on it.

Well, I have often wished we had a clear label (or maybe even a separate
document series) for things of the form "if you're going to implement
this dubious idea, please do it this way because it appears to be less
harmful than other ways."  But we don't have one of those yet.