Re: Last Call: draft-housley-iesg-rfc3932bis (IESG Procedures for Handling of Independent and IRTF Stream Submissions) to BCP

2008-11-13 10:43:33
At 08:19 10-11-2008, Russ Housley wrote:
To make them all parallel in structure, the first numbered item in section 3 becomes: "1. The IESG finds no conflict between this document and IETF work."

In RFC 3932, these numbered items (except the first one, which is the same until the modification above) begin "The IESG thinks" During pre-Last-Call-review, I received feedback that "The IESG finds" was a better. Now, you propose "The IESG believes". I do believe that the current wording is better than the original. I'm willing to change it to something else if there is consensus to do so. What do other reviewers find/think/believe/prefer?

In a different message, John mentioned ""has concluded". That sounds better as the numbered items are about conclusions reached. My second preference would be "The IESG believes".

Regards,
-sm