Re: [73attendees] IsUSA qualified for 2.3ofdraft-palet-ietf-meeting-venue-selection-criteria?

2008-11-19 18:25:51
I think we could easily replay responses from similar threads involving previous IETFs, and no one would notice.

Let me try to suggest a conclusion that should be generally easy to support:

1. We have problems, severe problems in people's ability to participate
2. The problems vary in place and quantity
3. We have zero effect on politics
4. Canada is nice country
5. Rotation spreads the pain

With this in mind, I think my input to the IAOC is that you should pay attention to #4 and #5; four out of the six meetings on the meeting list are in the U.S. Of course, you also need to think about other things, such as getting sponsors or finding hotels. The combined optimization problem is not trivial and I don't envy your task...

Jari