Re: [73attendees] Is USA qualified for 2.3ofdraft-palet-ietf-meeting-venue-selection-criteria?

2008-11-19 14:19:27

Fred Baker wrote:
I would be hesitant to drag the IETF into world politics; the law of Unintended Consequences was invented to describe politics, I think.

It's not a matter of being dragged into politics.  (Or at least, it shouldn't
be.)

It's essentially an engineering task of working to maximize the ability of people to attend IETF meetings, by looking for venues where visa processing is the least problematic.

That does not mean "no visas" or anything else simplistic, except that border controls do not impose undue and unpredictable barriers.

d/
--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking