The Great Naming Debate (was Re: The internet architecture)

2008-12-15 13:44:20
So, after being distracted by OSDI last week, I'm now trying to catch up on the raging debates on TAE that are already exceeding all the wildest dreams I had before setting up the list... :)

On the issue of weaning applications (and potentially transports) away from IP addresses in favor of names of some kind, I feel that a lot of the disagreement results from a misunderstanding of exactly what I (and perhaps others who have made similar proposals) was proposing...