Re: It's time for some new steps

2009-02-11 13:50:48
Hi -

From: "Wes Hardaker" <wjhns1(_at_)hardakers(_dot_)net>
To: "Scott Brim" <swb(_at_)employees(_dot_)org>
Cc: <ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Sent: Monday, February 09, 2009 10:22 PM
Subject: Re: It's time for some new steps
FYI, I unsubscribed twice.  The first method (logging in with my
assigned password and hitting unsubscribe) failed even though it told me
it succeeded.

So I tried the second approach which was to simple enter my address and
hit the unsubscribe button to have it mail me a confirmation URL.
Visiting the confirmation URL did seem to work, so I'd suggest people
try this method for unsubscribing if the login method fails for you like
it did me.

When I finally did manage to unsubscribe, the list owner re-subscribed me.
I wonder whether he's doing this to all those FSF posters, too.

Randy