Re: Internet Society joins Liberty Alliance Management Board: Why?

2009-03-01 17:00:14

Patrik Fältström wrote:
So I do not think IETF should be the slightest worried ISOC is doing something here without coordination. And without visibility to the IETF.

I don't know about anyone else, but I wasn't expressing worry. I was noting that the activity wasn't discussed with the broader IETF beforehand and that such a discussion before making strategic decisions can be useful. I'll stress again that I'm not crazy enough to think that the IETF "plenary" should have a veto on ISOC choices, but merely that pro-active (pre-hoc, rather than post-hoc) discussion could be productive.

Brian E Carpenter wrote:
>    people I knew
> who are experts in the identity management area never thought that
> the IETF was relevant except as a source of atomic components.

A significant -- and probably insightful -- assessment of the IETF...

d/
--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking