Re: Internet Society joins Liberty Alliance Management Board: Why?

2009-03-01 20:42:02
At Sun, 1 Mar 2009 19:59:00 +0200,
Hannes Tschofenig wrote:
As you might have noticed, the WebSSO Identity Management space is not
running out of organizations and groups. Someone could, for example, come up
with the question why ISOC did not join the MIT Kerberos Consortium (see
http://www.kerberos.org/), as Kerberos is a technology developed within the
IETF, or to support technologies like OpenID, OAuth, etc. that are closer to
the Internet deployment.

I am sure your team had a lot of conversations with the IAB on what
direction would be better for the Internet (with respect to the creation of
an identity layer) but I fear that many in the IETF community are at best
not informed about what you are doing and why you believe that this is
heading into the right direction.

Did ISOC in fact have these discussions with the IAB? I'd be very interested
to hear the IAB weigh in here.

-Ekr