Re: Last Call: draft-ietf-opsawg-operations-and-management(Guidelines for Considering Operations and Management of NewProtocols and Protocol Extensions) to BCP

2009-06-04 14:06:21
Adopting this document  as a BCP would  be a serious mistake, and  I hope it
will be strongly opposed.

There is absolutely no evidence that following the dictates of this document
will improve the quality of the  IETF's work, and we certainly know it won't
improve the timeliness.  There is no evidence that ignoring it will harm the
Internet.

I don't see that OPSAWG has  any business imposing requirements on work done
by  other WGs  in other  Areas.   There are  already an  adequate number  of
obstacles to getting work done.  The  last thing we need is another required
"considerations" section, or another set of excuses for ADs from one Area to
block documents from other Areas.