Re: Last Call: draft-ietf-opsawg-operations-and-management(Guidelines for Considering Operations and Management of NewProtocols and Protocol Extensions) to BCP

2009-06-04 16:55:35
"Eric" == Eric Rosen <erosen(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com> writes:
    Eric> If we are going to talk about adding new hoops for folks to
    Eric> jump through, we should first discuss whether any such hoops
    Eric> are necessary.  We should not start the discussion by
    Eric> looking at the details of the particular proposed hoops.

Agreed.  I think that if we don't have agreement with the
goals/high-level of this type of proposal, it's completely reasonable
to block review of details until that reaches agreement.