Re: Important Information about IETF 76 Meeting Registration

2009-08-31 13:13:34
I like this thought quite a bit.

I see the RFID thing as being a good idea in concept, and we need to work
through how to use it most effectively.

In this specific case, I think we treat the tag as an identifier, and allow
the user to decide what the data associated with this identifier should be.

After all, you can write whatever you please on the blue sheets.

I personally would not have a problem if the name was immutable, but I could
see giving up on that.

Suppose there was a website where you could, either before, during, or after
the event, indicate, per session, what you want on the electronic blue
sheet.  The swipe was the token that enabled the content of the website data
to be copied.  Establish a time limit (5 days after the session maybe) to
freeze the content, do the mapping, and delete the website data.

Brian