RE: Important Information about IETF 76 Meeting Registration

2009-08-31 13:19:08
At 10:08 AM -0700 8/31/09, Lawrence Rosen wrote:
Paul Hoffman wrote:
There are probably a dozen WGs in the IETF who have had this problem come
back and bite them on their collective backsides during protocol
development
or, unfortunately, after their protocols have deployed.

Can you give examples of how providing "company/organization affiliation"
has caused bites to the backside during protocol development/deployment?
Were the bites well-deserved?

Sorry, I hope that others reading my message understood it better. By "this
problem" I meant the bit just before what you quoted: "data that differs
depending on the collection method". A few examples would be IDNs collected
from DNS responses vs. user input, MIME headers that get "fixed" in various
transports, IP addresses that differ depending on which side of the NAT you
collect them, and so on.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium