Re: draft-housley-iesg-rfc3932bis and the optional/mandatory nature of IESG notes

2009-08-31 14:55:59
Dave,

The current question is about IESG Notes. We ought to restrict postings on this thread to that question.

Yes.

As always, before a draft is actually approved we appreciate getting all kinds of feedback on it. Particularly if there's a serious problem somewhere. Of course, when a Last Call period is over, we do not re-open a document lightly even if it hasn't been approved yet.

However, in this case: if you have a general comment on 3932bis, please post to the Last Call thread. If you want to answer my specific question about the optional/mandatory nature of the IESG note, please respond to this thread. My current plan is NOT to reopen other aspects of the document, though I understand that some of them may have to be discussed to provide context for the specific question.

Jari