Re: draft-housley-iesg-rfc3932bis and the optional/mandatory nature of IESG notes

2009-08-31 11:00:35
Following a request to look at this document, and with only a cursory look
at the archives, I'm confused.

The note is always intended to be included in the document itself, right?

Is this change designed to compel, as opposed to request, the RFC Editor to
include the note?

If the answer to those is yes, then I support the change.  The RFC Editor is
not selected to make judgments on whether a note from the IESG should, or
should not be included in a document.  It's not an editorial judgment, it's
is a technical concern.

However, I think some form of appeal is needed, perhaps to the IAB, that
would allow authors some measure of control of what goes in their document.

Brian