Re: draft-housley-iesg-rfc3932bis and the optional/mandatory nature of IESG notes

2009-08-31 13:44:05
Brian Rosen wrote:
Yes, I understand, this only applies to the Independent Submission stream.

We ask the IESG to review these documents, and that review is technical.

It seems important to begin a discussion with true facts, and the statement immediately above is false.
To quote Harald's words from RFC 3932:

  In March 2004, the IESG decided to make a major change in this review
  model.  The new review model will have the IESG take responsibility
  ONLY for checking for conflicts between the work of the IETF and the
  documents submitted; soliciting technical review is deemed to be the
  responsibility of the RFC Editor.  If an individual IESG member
  chooses to review the technical content of the document and finds
  issues, that member will communicate these issues to the RFC Editor,
  and they will be treated the same way as comments on the documents
  from other sources.

Sigh. I suppose this message is a derivative work.

Bob Braden'