Re: draft-housley-iesg-rfc3932bis and the optional/mandatory nature of IESG notes

2009-09-08 12:09:54
Tim, I definitely agree with you that it should be the IETF community
that is last called.
Normally, the IESG judges IETF consensus.
However, if it makes the IAB more comfortable for the IAB chair to do the
consensus call, that's fine with me.  If we do that we'd need to make
it clear how this interacts with the IETF appeals process.  I'm not
thrilled with the appeals process starting with the IAB and only going
to the ISOC BOT in case there is no adequate process (6.5.3 in RFC
2026).  However I could live with that.  I suspect this may be one of
those cases where we know we've gotten a good compromise because no
one is happy with it.