Re: Request for community guidance on issue concerning a future meeting of the IETF

2009-09-19 18:01:42
Roni Even wrote:
I support this view.
Furthermore I believe that even though people are allowed to have their
opinions about a specific country politics or values the IETF is not the
place to bring them forward regardless of the meeting location. The IETF is
a technical body and not the UN.

Unfortunately (or maybe not) national regulatory policies
do have some influence on what the IETF does and one hopes
that what the IETF does has some influence on national
regulatory policies.  I think the likelihood of there being
a problem seems low, but still, it's hard not to wonder about
something like the Raven process and how that particularly
boisterous meeting (Washington?) would have fared in China.

Melinda