Re: Request for community guidance on issue concerning a future meetingof the IETF

2009-09-24 10:58:00
At 23:45 23/09/2009, Cullen Jennings wrote:

IAOC,

I'm trying to understand what is political speech in China. The
Geopriv WG deals with protecting users' location privacy. The policies
of more than one country have come up in geopriv meetings in very
derogatory terms. There have been very derogatory comments made by
people about the US's wiretap policy. Unless someone can point me at
specifics of what is or is not OK, I would find this very concerning.

Anything we think is a speculation, the ways of governments and
hotels have their own logic that may not make sense to technical people.

As for restrictions on topics that border technical and political sphere,
there are different restrictions in different countries.

I propose an experiment, lets have a meeting if it gets shut down
we will never return to China.

        Olafur