Re: Request for community guidance on issue concerning a future meeting of the IETF

2009-09-21 12:47:16
Marshall Eubanks wrote:
We have received numerous suggestions and requests for an IETF meeting
in China and the IAOC has been working on a potential China meeting for
several years. We are now close to making a decision on a potential
upcoming  meeting in China. However, the following issue has arisen
and we would appreciate your feedback.

  I would suggest waiting until after Hiroshima to make a decision.  I'm
hearing that a large number of people (such as myself) do not have the
budget for a trip to Asia.  I suspect an IETF in China within the next 2
years will have lower attendance than Hiroshima.

  Alan DeKok.