Re: Request for community guidance on issue concerning a future meeting of the IETF

2009-09-21 12:59:35
At 5:45 PM +0800 9/21/09, Peny Yang wrote:

 However, IMHO, your
 experience may be the story 10 years ago. I am a smoker. When I would
 like to smoke, I always go find the smoking corner.
 Now, in Beijing, smoking is prohibited in most of public areas. From
 my experience, the policies on smoking in China are more restrict than
 some other countries like EU, Japan.

My experience was a couple of years ago, not ten, but it's good to hear that things have improved. Can you tell me what this "smoking corner" is? I recall that a few years ago Copenhagen airport, for example, had such things, but they were simply designated indoor areas, and as such, were no help at all. Likewise, a few years ago, meetings in Japan officially prohibited smoking in many public areas, but the hotel simply wheeled in portable "smoking areas" which did nothing to help.

Can you tell me more about the smoking policy in China now?

And I agree with you about Japan, although that in the last few years I've been able to find 100% non-smoking restaurants (it takes some work).

--
Randall Gellens